If you have not read a long way gone memoirs of a boy soldier by: Ishmael Beah please put it on your list of books to read this year! This quote & it's meaning is just what the Doctor ordered for me... "We must strive to be like the moon." An old man in a small village is always saying this quote, & the meaning behind it is a god sent! "It is a reminder to people to always be on their best behavior & to be good to others."
The grandmother in the story also goes on to explain it & improves the meaning that has now become the saying in which I tell my kids every day as I drop them off at school.
"She said that people complain when there is too much sun & it gets unbearably hot, & also when it rains too much or when it is cold. But, she said, no one grumbles when the moon shines. Everyone becomes happy & appreciates the moon in their own special way. A lot of happy things happen when the moon shines. These are some of the reason why we should want to be like the moon."
If it is still unclear, why I have adopted this quote all I can say is for one day try to make others & yourself happy & please don't forget the part about appreciate! = >
Friday, January 11, 2008
"We must strive to be like the moon."
Posted by
Caldwell Chatter
at
1:40 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








3 comments:
it is a must read, true story, it really makes you appreciate what we have.
Looks like you guys had a great Christmas and isn't the guitar hero addicting. I am in love with that game. I will have to get enough courage to read that book it sounds great but me and books just don't go together. Hope all is well. We love and miss you all very much.
Amber you are so deep! I will definitely have to read this one.
Post a Comment