While running, I saw a shimmering silver coin with a swift grab of my petite, warm hand. I picked up the flawless silver coin which was unproblematic as for the nearness to the ground in which I am. Still running and looking at my newfound treasure. I’d hoped, that what I found was free currency that no longer had an owner. I was six again with a huge smile on my face, excited with the luck of something silver and shimmering worth at least a dollar…
After the first glance, I realized this was not the treasure I was hoping for and a frown washed over my face. I saw words on the head side of the now not so shiny coin, big bold words. It told me this was not a lovely silver coin that I was holding a little looser than before. I was okay with the thought that it would be fine to drop this dull, silver worthless disk. As I read the bold print, the value of the object that lay in my warm, red hand now was irreplaceable. My grip became tight the knuckles were white with the intensity in which I was holding this priceless disk. Once again not wanting to forever let it go!
“Where Will You Spend Eternity?” Quickly I turned to the tail side and read the bold print, “For God So Loved The World That He Gave His Only Begotten Son, That Whosoever Believeth In Him Should Not Perish, But Have Everlasting Life. John 3:16.” I can honesty say that there are many days in which I go without thinking about that very question. I am one who takes for granted the Church in which I attended and my faith… Knowing that I am in The True Church of Jesus Christ, “Where Will You Spend Eternity?” is knowingly answered for my family and me. However, holding that now burning, priceless gem in my petite hand, I began to mull over that question! Those five bold words form an inquiry in which I began to marvel. Do I feel that I am an incredible person, the woman in which the Lord knows I can be? Do I achieve what is excepted of me to once again be in the presence of our Lord and Savior. If not, “what do I need to accomplish to recognize where I will spend eternity?” With new thoughts fluttering, on how I can improve myself and be more Christ like in my head, I place my magnificent new treasure into my jogging pants pocket and with a few pats on my leg, I knew my shiny, silver gem would be safe. For I never want to lose such a precious question, a question which should be asked on a daily base.

3 comments:
That's very cool. Even cooler if you wrote it Amber. I love you.
Mom
Amber...you need to write a book! :-) That was awesome. I know that someitmes I take the Gospel for granted and need to remember that every decision I make is either going toward eternal glory or away from it. What a cool experience! thanks for sharing it!
Mom…I guess my feelings are cooler now. :}
Post a Comment